There are some things I keep procrastinating and telling myself I’ll do tomorrow. It might be because I’m being lazy or I don’t have enough time. Sometimes I keep postponing something until the due date gets close.
One of them is reading a book that I don’t enjoy reading. Sometimes the writing flow is poor, or there is another reason why I don’t feel like continuing the book. But I have to complete it for a writing review. Even thinking about opening that book again makes me want to postpone it, so I tell myself I’ll read it tomorrow.
Another thing is clearing my phone storage. Since I’m studying CMA, I have collected a lot of screenshots, PDFs and study material over time. Even after the results were announced, I kept postponing deleting the files I no longer needed. I have deleted some of them, but there are still old PDFs and photos from my Foundation days taking up space.
I also procrastinate when it comes to small things I want to do in my free time. I might have a drawing that is half finished or cleanning up my bookshelf or something else I want to work on. Since none of these things have a deadline, I often tell myself I’ll do them tomorrow.
Another one is replying to messages. Sometimes I see a message when I’m busy and think I’ll reply later. Then I forget about it and remember only after some time. Even then, I might put it off again because I’m doing something else.
And, of course, there are tasks that I know I have to finish but keep postponing until the deadline is close. I may have enough time in the beginning, but I don’t always use it properly. Once the deadline is near, I finally start working on it seriously.
There are still a few things sitting on my list that I keep telling myself I’ll do tomorrow. Maybe I’ll finally get to them tomorrow—or maybe they’ll still be waiting for me the day after that.
This post is a part of blogchatter half marathon

No comments:
Post a Comment