BLACK COFFEE THEORY:-
Recently I came across a black coffee theory. This was created by Sahil Bloom in 2026. It explains how our thoughts influence our daily life with an example.
The story follows as:
Imagine walking into a cafe.
When the barista asks for your order, you say, "I’m not sure, but I definitely don’t want black coffee."
The barista is confused and asks "then what do you actually want?".
You replied, "Anything is fine, just not black coffee."
The cafe gets busy, the barista takes orders from other customers, and eventually goes back to make your drink.
Now that Barista forgets your conversation and keeps thinking "what did she order?" , "What did she want?" He suddenly remembered the word "black coffee" as u mentioned multiple times.
As a result, you are handed a cup of black coffee- the exact thing you wanted to avoid.
The idea behind the story is that when we keep focusing on what we don't want, we may end up giving that thing more attention than what we actually want.
This story is not scientific evidence that the universe literally gives us whatever we think about. Rather, it can be used as a simple way to understand how our attention and thoughts can influence what we notice and how we act.
The Impact of Focus on Our Thoughts:-
Have you ever noticed that we subconsciously repeat or replay our embarrassing moments or unpleasant memories again and again, even though we try hard to stop thinking about them?
It's because we usually want to forget those moments. So we tell ourselves, “Don't remember that. Don't think about it.”
But instead of forgetting the moment, we may end up thinking about it again and again.
The same thing can happen in everyday life. If someone tells you, “Don't look at the clock,” you might suddenly become more aware of it and feel curious about the time. This doesn't mean the clock wasn't there before, it's simply that the instruction has shifted your attention towards it.
How to Reframe Your Focus:-
Instead of constantly telling ourselves what we don't want, we can try to clearly identify what we do want.
For example:
Instead of "I don't want to fail my exam", say "I want to pass my exam."
Instead of "I won't able to finish it", say "I'll work on it and try to finish it."
Instead of "I mustn't forget this", say "I will make a note so that i can remember."
This doesn't mean that changing our words will guarantee a particular result. However, it can help us focus on the action or outcome.
QUOTE:-
"Focus on where u want to go, not on what you fear." -Tony Robbins
CONCLUSION:-
The Black Coffee Theory is a simple way of looking at something we experience every day. Sometimes, our attempts to avoid something can keep our attention fixed on it.
If you want to change your focus, stop fighting with your mind. Instead of only telling yourself what not to do, give yourself a clear, positive action to move towards.
You don't have to completely erase an unwanted thought. Sometimes, you just need to stop giving it all your attention and redirect yourself towards what you actually want.
This blog is a part of blogchatter half marathon2.0

I loved this post of yours. I have been following this positive manifestation for years now and I learned it in a hard way that focusing on what we dont want may lead us to get exactly that, and that will not come alone that will bring pain, and misery with it. So, instead of saying i dont, say I want and similarly for other things.
ReplyDeleteThis is interesting. Our mind gets fixated on our failures and fears mostly.
ReplyDeleteSuch a fun and relatable take on coffee. loved how you turned something so everyday into a thoughtful little theory about people, habits, and connection. A lovely read.
ReplyDeleteThis is so true!! I have experienced this so many times! And yes, the suggestions on how to reframe the focus really work.
ReplyDelete